How To Strengthen Your Immune System
The health and strength of your immune system determines your level of health. If you want to regain health or maintain good health, you must have a strong immune system. There are certain things you can do to strengthen your immune system. Below I identify eight natural ways you can accomplish this.
1) Eat wholesome foods. This would include whole grains and fresh fruits, vegetables, and meats. Canned and packaged foods are stripped of vitamins and often contain chemical additives and contaminants. These additives are foreign and are just like eating germs or toxic chemicals that the body’s immune system has to work to remove.
2) Drink clean water. Drink the most pure water you can get. Tap water is polluted by hundreds of chemicals added during processing. Chlorine and fluoride are two common toxic chemicals that are added. A water filter can clean up most of the contaminates in water.
3) Get regular exercise. Exercise helps strengthen the immune system and helps to pump blood throughout the body, improving circulation, which helps to deliver white blood cells (the workforce of our immune system) to every crook an cranny in the body, so that they can find and remove germs, toxins, and degenerative cells. Exercise keeps your muscles and your immune system in shape.
4) Breathe fresh air. Oxygen is needed by every cell in the body in order to live. If a cell is deprived of oxygen for just a few seconds it dies. Just as you would die if you couldn’t get oxygen. Cells and tissues starving for oxygen degenerate and die. Get as much fresh air as you can. Avoid tobacco smoke and other pollutants.
5) Get sunshine. Your body needs sunlight. Rays from the sun activate chemical processes in the body that support the immune system and create vitamin D – a nutrient necessary for optimal health. You should get at least 30 minutes of direct sunlight a day. Standing behind a window doesn’t count because the glass blocks out some of the rays that the body needs.
6) Herbs. Many herbs, such as those in JC Tonic®, help to stimulate and strengthen the immune system. They contain vitamins, minerals, and phytochemicals (plant compounds similar to vitamins) that support the immune system and aid in detoxification.
7) Develop a positive mental attitude. Your mind and your attitude have a great deal of influence over your health. If you are determined to improve your health and believe you can, you most likely will get better. You have to have faith and think positively. Our mental attitude affects the immune system. Believe it or not, if you think you can recover from illness, your immune system actually works better. Negative feelings depress the immune system.
8) Relieve stress. Excessive stress depresses the immune system. You need to diffuse stress. Ways to do that are to engage in exercise or recreational activities, listen to soothing music, and become involved in a hobby. Do something in which you can find enjoyment. Avoid stressful situations whenever possible. Refuse to get angry. Anger is stressful. Having a positive mental attitude helps you to diffuse and avoid stress.